The scientific program will consist of invited and contributed talks, as well as discussions. Please see the detailed schedule for a complete overview. In addition, you can find the schedule in iCalendar format, to import online or offline in any calendar which supports this format. All scientific sessions will take place at the University of Tartu Institute of Physics building (Physicum), W. Ostwaldi 1, Tartu. Online links for hybrid attendance will be shared with the conference participants only.
A public lecture will be given on Tuesday 28 June evening at 18:15 at the historic Tartu Old Observatory. Prof. Davi Rodrigues will speak on the topic Why do galaxies rotate?
The social program includes the welcoming reception, conference sightseeing trip outside of Tartu, and the conference dinner.
The conference reception will take place on Monday 27 June evening starting at 18:15 in the old University Cafe (Ülikooli 20, Tartu). The menu will include different non-vegetarian and vegetarian snacks along with wine and soft drinks. As at the previous Tartu conferences a part of the reception will be a GravQuiz on science/history related facts and fun, please bring your web accessing smart device to participate.
The conference trip will be an excursion on Wednesday 29 June afternoon:
- Around 13:30 a bus will pick up all participants at the Institute of Physics where the conference takes place.
- After a 45 minutes drive we will reach the parking place at Taevaskoja, and can follow the walking trails through the pristine Nordic forest along the Ahja River to see the picturesque sandstone outcrops, cave, and spring. The name Taevaskoda means "Heaven's Hall" in Estonian and the area is considered a sacred nature site in the traditional religion.
- At about 16:00 it is time to be back in the bus, and drive a few kilometers further to the Valgesoo observation tower which offers a nice view over the nearby bog and nature protection area. It will be a brief stop to climb the tower or venture along the study trail next to the bog (the path made of wooden planks into the bog might be still be under reconstruction).
- By 17:00 we should arrive to the historic Mooste manor estate complex to begin a guided tour in the premises, ending at the old Distillery with a possibility to taste the local spirits.
- At 18:30 a dinner will be served in the Distillery hall. It will be a buffet table with either a non-vegetarian option (Clear fish soup with Karilatsi trout and quail egg; Roasted garlic and honey marinade with oven-baked pork, fresh potatoes and salad; Cream cheesecake with berry sauce) or a vegetarian option (Soup with seasonal vegetables and red lentils; Cauliflower-chickpea curry with coconut milk; Kama oatmeal with raspberry sauce) plus flavored water, house rye bread, bread and flavored butter as garnish. Please choose your favored option (via a link sent by email) by the beginning of the conference.
- Before the bus leaves at about 20:30, there will be free time to play football on a school pitch nearby, dip for a swim at the Mooste Lake beach, or just wander around.
- Return to Tartu by 21:30.
The conference dinner will be hosted on Thursday 30 June evening at 19:00 in the cosy and award winning restaurant Antonius (Ülikooli 15, Tartu). The group menu consists of three courses: Fresh spring roll with salted salmon, rice noodles and roe; Duck breast fillet with vegetables and beetroot cream; Parfait with brown butter, puffed corn and berries; and includes freshly baked Antonius bread, herb butter and coffee or tea. In the case of special dietary requirements, please let the organizers know (via a link sent by email) latest by the beginning of the conference.